Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Why Do Girls "Freak Out" When Guys Say Something Wrong?

Such a common question from guys. We, girls, "freak out" because we are sensitive and prone to seeing the wrong side of things. For example: a friend of mine told me a story about her and her boyfriend. She was cussing her breath because apparently her day hadn't gone so well. Her boyfriend got on her and told her that "it's a turnoff when girls cuss". (And some of you girls who are probably reading this and are saying, "Ooh!" [I know I did!]) And that's how she reacted too. She got into an even worse mood because she was offended. Of course, her boyfriend didn't understand why he made her more upset. Now, there are two view-points to this:

(1) Boy's view: I was just telling her that I don't like it when she cusses. Why is she so mad at me? What did I do wrong?

(2) Girl's view: Oh, my god. He thinks I'm a turnoff! He doesn't like me! Does he see I made a mistake? Will he break up with me?

Girls tend to be more sensitive when they're in a relationship. They want to make it work so, sometimes, they overwork themselves. They want you to like them even if they have you as their boyfriend; they don't want to lose you. When a girl's in her first relationship, she's super nervous; watching her every move to make sure she doesn't mess everything up. It's a lot of pressure and us, girls, can't help it.


What to do about it? Nothing! You can't tell girls to not get offended. It's our nature. Try watching what you say and how you say it. And if you mess up, then just laugh it off and say, "My bad. I didn't mean it that way. Please don't get offended. What I meant was. . .". (Keep in mind: you don't have say what you really meant if you can't produce a explanation (or an excuse).


Also, girls, keep in mind, too, that boys don't really know how to act in front of girls. They don't know how to act or talk around us and sometimes they say something that might mean one thing to them, but sound like something totally different to us. Boys are human and they make mistakes. Try not to jump on their case, and just give the the benefit of the doubt.



Questions? Comments? You know what to do!



~Ally-Cat

No comments:

Post Count

212