Monday, December 28, 2009

Review: City of Ashes

Well, with much improvement, I have to say that City of Ashes did get a lot better from it's previous book.  However, it was terribly dreary and sad to me. It was hard to see Clary and Jace struggle with their feels toward each other in an seemingly impossible situation.  It was even more hard to watch Jace with his . . problems.  Everyone in the book seems so miserable and hurt.  After I had finished the book, I felt my spirits dampen.  *Sigh* Okay, moving on.

Clary grew up a lot since the last book.  She's smarter than I'd given her credit for.  Yay for Clary.

Simeon will surprise you in this one, he's no idiot. And he didn't annoy me as much as he did in the other book. . .

Cassandra added more POV's in her 2nd book than from last time.  I liked it in the beginning, but towards the end it got irritating.  It was like watching a soap opera when they keep flipping to another scene after 5 minutes.  (4/5)

Overall, I enjoyed this book.  It was quite different from the 1st, which surprised me.  I knew it would be a bit different because of Clary and Jace, but many other things happen that makes you keep wanting to read on and on.  I think the ending turned out well.  It didn't cut you off as bad as it did in City of Bones.  The book was pretty good, but the overall mood of it really took a toll on me.  I've never read anything so dark like that before and to be honest, I'm glad I finished it. 

(3 1/2 /5) [I dont usually do halves, but I felt it couldn't be a 3 but yet not a full 4 either.]

~Ally-Cat

P.S.

SORRY NO PICTURE! :(

No comments:

Post Count

212