Saturday, December 26, 2009

Review: City of Bones


I had mixed feelings about this book. You might remember, earlier on, that I was complaining about Clary.  She seems so dense in the book.  But she also lived a sheltered life.  If you were annoyed with her as I was then keep holding out, it gets better. (3/5)
Cassandra's writing is. . .interesting--to put it nicely.  I liked how every once in a while, she'd changed POV's.  It kept the story interesting--for lack of words.  I hated the ending.  She creates this big story in one chapter (her chapters are HUGE, by the way) and you think: okay, so that's how it went. Then she throws another "part" to the story to screw you all up!  Plus, I didn't like how the very ending sort of cut you off. **If you'd like to know what I'm talking about then check out the bottom of this post, but BEWARE it will contain spoilers!**  (3/5)
In all, I was a bit disappointed.  All this hype about the book was a real let down when it came down to reading it.  However, it's still an addicting series. The premise is facinating and I'd like to read on and see what happens next, in hopes that it'll get better.  I got the sequel: City of Ashes. I figured maybe she got enough letters saying how weird her writing was and maybe made an effort to make it better in City of Ashes. . . well, we'll see. .

(3/5)

~Ally-Cat


[Picture found on wordpress.com
Copyright infringement not intended]




_________________________
**I can't believe Jace is dumb enough to fall for Valentine's story!  And all the sudden, Clary believes it too.  Unbelieveable.  After all that Luke went over with his story. Look, Luke seems to be more trustworthy, and plus, how many years has Clary known him? Pretty much all her life!  I mean, COMMON SENSE!  No one in their right mind would trust a crazed, blood thirsty liar. Oh, and the part about the ending being cut off too soon: I meant that when they took off to get Jace to wake up their mother, and they ended it with Clary lookin out over the city riding on a demon motorcycle. What happens with Jocelyn? Does she wake up?  Gosh, stupid ending.

No comments:

Post Count

212