Monday, December 21, 2009

Review: Avatar 3D

2 hrs. and 40 min. plus 20 min. of previews (5 previews in all) equaled out to a little over 3 hrs. of movie theatre time.  Completely and totally worth it. 

First things first, the graphics were gorgeous--especially in 3D!  (100/5) It was like you were in a completely different world. Everything felt so real.  It was an experience unimaginable, too surreal to entirely describe.  .  . The experience is spectacular!

The plot was predictable, to say the least. (4/5)  However,  I did enjoy it.  You see, as you watch a ton of movies, plots get really easy to identify.  The plot was similar to that Disney movie Atlantis: The Lost Empire, but I mean, come on, you could see it coming the trailers!
And that's all I'll say about the plot. Okay? Okay.

The characters were super! I felt like I could feel their pain and anguish, their joy and peace of nature.   They did a great job, especially with a nonexistent set to work with.  (4/5)

Overall, It was a great movie.  (4/5) No doubt there's going to be a sequel. 
This movie has much symbolism.  I strongly suggest looking out for this if you want to see the movie; it can really open your eyes to the destruction and corrupt ways we live by, past and present. 
I also suggest seeing this in the theatreDon't wait until it comes out on DVD and Blue-Ray.  It loses it's "magic" when your watching at home. And if you see it, you'll know what I mean. . .

Fantastic job, James Cameron!

Please see Avatar! I know I certainly enjoyed it! ;)

[Picture found on [www.]wildaboutmovies.com
Copyright infringement not intended]

~All-Cat

1 comment:

Ally-Cat said...

Told you I'd put it up! Enjoy.

Post Count

212