Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: Book Review

(3/5)

You know, this was a fascinating book.  Though, I didn't like it too too much.  I'm always a bit sad when a tragic book comes to a close. I liked that at the end I got to hear --or more over, read-- what Bree was thinking during her last moments as a vampire.  I'd like to go back now and read that part of Eclipse; just to see Edwards reactions to what Bree had told him if it was even mentioned at all.
You guys know I'm a Stephenie Meyer fan.  I love how she can smoothly describe things and it makes sense.  You can picture what she's trying to say--it's like art.  And well, you know me and art.  In this book it wasn't fantastic.  I'm guessing because of it's length and it's narrator, you'd have to "dumb it down". (Like Bella was wise for her age so simply the narration in her saga was more sophisticated and thoughtful as Bree isn't as smart and so her perceptive wasn't as 'sophisticated and thoughtful'...)
There was some points that I really wanted to get clear up.  Especially Diego.  I won't give it away, but if you read the book you'll know what I'm talking about.  Also, I hope she tells us what happens to Fred.  I liked that dude.  He was interesting and complicated character.
Bree Tanner was a great character.  She wasn't dumb like the others and in a way, is like Bella.  (For those who've read BD I think you get the hint. ) So way to go with that.  She wasn't a bore! Yay!
Another problem I had was that I couldn't comprehend the way these newborns lived.  I kept thinking about how the Cullens lived and how better they were and that well, newborns suck.  In my head I repetitively compared the Cullens to Riley's "kids" and kept thinking how wrong it was.  I really wanted to go back to the Cullens and not this deadbeat "family" who were immature and out of control.  It was almost to the point of annoyance. *sigh*

So in a nutshell I say all those who are curious about normal newborns and want to know more about the crazy army Victoria created go ahead and read it--all I can say is that you might have the same problem as I did with the comprehension. Also if you haven't read Eclipse yet and are thinking about reading TSSLOBT then go ahead.  It'll actually make Eclipse a bit better to read, because Eclipse is a somewhat boring so I think this novella will give it a kick if you read it first.  ;)
Enjoy!
~Ally-Cat
Songs I listened to during the typing of this post:

No comments:

Post Count

212