Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm Doing Something I Don't Normally Do...

I'm reading an old book.  Yes, my friends, I'm reading a book that was written in 1847 under the name Ellis Bell.  However, that was not the true author's name. It was: Emily Bronte.

Yep, I've started Wuthering Heights

For years now, I could not read old books. At. All. The language is so far off from our modern tongue I practically pulled my hair out when in my first sitting with any old book.  Uncle Tom's Cabin was like torture for me.  I had to get Spark Notes to get it done.  I had only made it to the 2nd chapter. 
There has been one book that I, forcefully, got through as a school project.  To Kill A Mocking Bird.  I actually enjoyed that one toward the end, to my surprise.

FUN FACT: I usually can't enjoy any book that I get assigned. 

Force reading, as I like to call it, means pressure on me to read the book, and to some extent, like the book.  That's a big No-No for me.  I get a rushed and flustered and it isn't a good experience. 

So one day I figured: Hey! Why not read an old book on your own time?

Just as an experiment. I'll tell you have I do as I go along.  If I get along.  *Sigh* I really need to be more optimistic.
_______________________

I took down the comments part of For My Friend, Hannah. 
I'm too insecure to allow people to comment on a personal story like that.  It's not my proudest moment of my life, and the written piece it's self isn't the best.  So until I'm really confident that my work is good enough to at least be satisfying and won't make me self-conscience there will be no comments for written work. :(
______________________

Anyone else bothered as to what song plays in the background the the trailer of the new movie Leap Year?  I found the answer!

I Want You by Kelly Clarkson
________________________

Alright, lastly--you guys are probably tired of hearing this--my test run for Empathy will last till next Friday.  If I get no hits.  It's a no go.

Anyways, I'm going to start this book and do some writing.

[Picture found on wordpress.com
Copyright infringement not intended]

~Ally-Cat

No comments:

Post Count

212