Monday, March 1, 2010

Overview of the Main Characters in Wuthering Heights

"When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal." ~Unknown


If you don't care of Wuthering Heights or you haven't, but want to read the book.  I wouldn't read this post.  Have a wonderful day!

~A-C

Note: I will not write about the relationship of Heathcliff and Catherine until I have completed the book wholely.  Right now I'm about to finish Volume I of Wuthering Heights. Oh, and this is totally opinion btw.



Catherine Earnshaw

She is one of the most selfish and ever changing characters I've ever read.  I'm so use to selfless characters from Twilight and The Host by Stephenie Meyer.  She changes ever so slightly, but it's so noticeable.  As a child she was a cocky and wild, as was Heathcliff.  Then she hurts her leg and stays with the Lintons for a couple of weeks and turns into a (somewhat) lady.  She still contained her horrid temper and everlasting stubbornness.  She's smart, I think.  Very independent set of mind.  Her temper's make her grow almost childish.  I believe that she is the closest to humanity and madness than Heathcliff was. (Oh, did I mention she's a drama queen?)


Heathcliff

Such a complex character.  So hard to read (not the book, but the character), except when it comes down to Catherine (I won't say anymore about the relationship!)  He is so maddened, and yet. . .unloved? I feel that he was unloved by his biological parents and believed that he'd never be completely loved and therefore, closed out people who truly cared about him. And the betrayel of Catherine really pushed him on the edge and brought some unknown feeling to prove, uh, well I'll tell you later.  (Wow, that sentence sure made sense.)
He decieving and cunning.  So cruel.  He manipulates and lies and hurts people.  He is also selfish.  He puts the blame on anyone, but himself.  It wouldn't supprise me that he conned his way to wealth during his 3 years of absence at Wuthering Heights. He thinks things through, he sees the truth in people even though he speaks no truth himself.





Okay that's my overview of the main characters.  I'll write what I think about the relationship between Catherine and Heathcliff after I've finished the book. 

And the reason why I didn't want to write about the relationship was because I feel that for a person to give an honest opinion of something that's been analyzed and puzzled over for years, I should at least read to the end of the book before I make my review.

Sorry that this wasn't the best overlay, but I did my best without putting too much relationship stuff in it. 

Any questions about the first vol. of Wuthering Heights is welcome.

MUCH LOVE

~Ally-Cat

No comments:

Post Count

212