Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Review: Alice in Wonderland

I don't own this picture!

Hey this is just a quick review on the new Tim Burton movie Alice in Wonderland.  I literally have 20 min. to do this so here we go:

 I hate Tim Burton's work.  HATE HATE HATE it. But I loved this movie. 
 It was such a great, unique view of this classic story and sometimes writers/directors can't pull it off, but they totally blew me away.  The 3D helped make the movie also.  I loved the vibrate colors and the crazy characters.  I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have a lot of um, gore.  (I'm not a gore-y person, I just felt that the movie was already taking an edgy step by changing the plot around, so why not have some "edgy" stuff in the mix as well?) 

There were some funny parts. (Weirdly, the audience in the theatre were laughing at places that weren't at all comical, but whatever.) Anne Hathaway was desent, but I've seen her do better.  Of course, Depp was fantastic. This new chick, Mia Wasikowska, ( I believe that's her name..) was pretty good for her first major gig.  (applause, applause!)  I can't wait to see more from her.  :)

Overall, it was pretty good.  I guess I don't really like the clay animation stuff of Tim Burton. They're always so depressing... :(

(4/5)

~Ally-Cat


PS

I'll post soon! Sry for the big time gap!

No comments:

Post Count

212