Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Q&A [Edited]

Well, I only got one question.  But is better than nothing. [This was not meant to be rude, I was just a tad annoyed that I only got one question for this thing.  I'm really proud that my friend Lauren, asked or I'd look like a fool. Thanks Lauren, the comment was suppose to be directed toward other people; it wasn't mean to be directed toward you..]

Can I ask a question here?? Pls plz plz, I kinda skimmed your post so I think I can ask here:) uhhhhhh, what is, in your opinion, the best way to get a guy's attention for valentines day? ;) -------Lauren

How-To Get A Guy's Attention
  1. BE YOURSELF
    1. first and biggest rule ever.  Life will always show you you can't last with the guy you like by being someone else.  They will eventually find out the true you and your in a a world of hurt when they don't want to be with you anymore.  Lose-lose.
  2. BE INTERESTED IN WHAT HE IS
    1. I know that kind of contradicts with my first point.  But here's the thing: you need a conversation topic, right?
    2. And it doesn't have to be something you hate, if you think that baseball is kinda cool then do some research, watch a few games, go to some of his.  He'll think you're really cool for being a [insert his interest here] professor. 
    3. Don't go overboard.  Like knowing ever aspect of everything.  Get a basic idea.  Add humor to it. If you just ranting off facts he's going to think that's freaky.
  3. START UP A CONVERSATION
    1. This is like the hardest thing for a girl.  It's really scary talking to a guy you really like thinking you might say something really dumb.  But if you just start with a casual "hi how you der" and work your way up to a casual convo.  Your as thick a gold.  (Idk what they heck that means, I think I just made that up).
  4. TEXT
    1. At some point try to get his number.  Text him every once in a while.  Especially if it was an odd day or something funny happened.  Then you can talk about it. 
    2. Only start texting when you've had some good amount of decently long conversations.  If you just had casual talk and nothing in common from those talks, you're definitely going to run out of things to say during texting.
    3. Do not text him everyday.  Let him text you first sometimes.  You'll be marked a stalker..
  5. TEASE
    1. When you get to that point where you guys have becomes friends, its time to tease.  Well not to the extreme, but like you know: "I broke another pair of earphones again." "*laughs*Well maybe if you didn't have old man ears then that wouldn't have happened, silly goose!" See how that was done? Definitely the laugh is an indication that your about to tease, "old man ears" is the tease, and the "silly goose" adds to the joke (just in case the comment sounds mean). 
    2. Keep it light and fun.  Don't go too far.  A comment or two is fine.  Keep smiling.  Look him in the eye.  Hope for the best!
GOOD LUCK!!

~Ally-Cat

P.S
I didn't have time to edit.  Please excuse any grammatical mistakes!

P.S.S.
Don't forget!
Sometime this week, I'll be answering my first Q&A that will be answered on here. This is open to anyone! So ask, ask, ask!



I will take questions from two places only:
-comments below this post
-formspring

You'll find all contact info to the left {formspring}.

The only thing I will not answer is phone numbers or home addresses, but other than that I'll take anything and answer honestly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm offended that my question is " better than nothing". I take that personally...,.,.. ;). ----Lauren

Ally-Cat said...

I re-edited. It wasn't suppose to sound that way... I sowwy.

Post Count

212