Thursday, December 16, 2010

Review: Hoodie Buddie

I was not paid to review this product. This is my personal and original review.

Hola everyone. Are you ready for another Ally-Cat Review?

Here we go!
----
So you might be wondering.  Hmm, why is that girl putting the draw strings of her amazying Betty White hoodie in her ears?
Well, buddie, I got the answer! She's listening to music!

Yeeaaaah! What we've all been waiting for.  To own a hoodie and listen to music at the same time!

But then you might say: But I can do that with my plain old hoodie...
Yesh, but don't you ever run into the problem with the microphone wire hanging off your face and in your way or getting tangled up?

Well, I guess. But then I just--
Okay, okay.  Enough, smarty.  Geez..
---
What They Say:
"Using patent-pending HB3Technology™, the HoodieBuddie contains a standard headphone jack in the front pocket that plugs into any headphone-compatible device, like an mp3 player, iPod or iPhone, or other mobile device.


Once plugged into the device of your choice, the audio travels through embedded cables within the HoodieBuddie to the headphones, which are built in to the ends of the drawstrings. The HoodieBuddie's drawstring earphones are always available, free of Tanglitis and sound great with rich, full sound.

Best of all, the entire Hoodie is machine washable (even the headphones).


Plug in to your HoodieBuddie wherever you go—at the gym, on your way to work or on the plane. Your headphones are always ready to rock and tangle-free because they're built in."~Hoodie Buddie Online

What I Say:
  1. Hands free
    1. I used it during snow shoveling. Since the mic's wire is actually in the hoodie I can move around with ease.
  2. Decent sound
    1. Let's say sound quality is not like your iPod earphones.  When I first used them the sound sounded far away.  Not as crisp and loud as expected. But hey? It's still a cool contraption.
  3. Comfort
    1. The ear buds are rubbery. And I'm not saying that in a bad way.  They're actually really comfortable and it's almost like they aren't even there. 
    2. The hoodie itself is nice too.  (Heck, I used it to shovel snow in 20 degree weather didn't I?) It has that really nice fuzzy fiber feel to it.  Um, the zipper is tough to use on mine, I don't know if that an all around product dysfunction or what...
  4. Durability
    1. To be honest, I'm not too sure.  If you want my opinion, I'd say it's not going to last too long compared to a regular hoodie.  This goes especially to the wire. I think that over time, depending how much it's worn/used and washed, the wire will wear and start getting messed up.  I don't care what the manufacture says, any electrical item that gets thrown in with the tighty-whities are going to start to malfunction in due time.
  5. Money
    1. Around here I think the price was $25.  I got mine at JcPenneys. But they sell these at Walmart and K-mart. I'm sorry. I don't know how much it is internationally. :/
Things To Know:
  • They come in two versions: zip up and pull over
  • Tanglitis- You guys don't what that is? ...You didn't read it did you? You just went "OMG what is Tanglitis?!"  Haha.  Read it.  No. Out loud.  Yesh, I'm serious. Right now! ... ... ... See? Get it? Ooh, silly gullible you. :D
  • Comes in various colors and decor. 
  • Important! These things run small.  (I bought a medium. and it just barely fits.)
    • If you're planning to buy one online: check the size requirements.  (Size requirements are online.) When at the store, just try it on. 
  • Totally washable. Remember to read the washing and drying instructions. :) [No dryer at all. Just hang to dry.]
  • They do ship internationally. d(^.^)
  • More questions? Check out their FAQ.
The Final Verdict?
4/5
Pretty cool, I just wish they didn't make the sizes so small. -_-

Their Website!
---
Have anymore questions? Ask on Formspring or in the comments below.
Btw, Welcome Bleah Briann to That's What She Said!

~Ally-Cat

PS
Check out the poll. :D

2 comments:

CJ said...

I have a hoodiebuddie, and I've been loving it. You aren't supposed to put your hoodie in the dryer at all. They say to machine wash it, and to hang it up to dry after. I use it everyday when I run in the morning.

Ally-Cat said...

That's cool. And thanks, I'll fix that now. :)

Post Count

212