Monday, October 11, 2010

Miley Cyrus: Who Owns My Heart Music Video Controversy


If you haven't seen the video yet, take a look on YouTube. LINK

*NOTE: I didn't have time to edit. So pardon any grammar/spelling errors!*
Lovely, isn't it?

I mean, let's compare her to Taylor Momsen.

Taylor Momsen (17)
-good girl gone bad
-formed her own band
-auditioned for the role Hannah Montana
-is a series regular on Gossip Girl
-is the face of Madonna's new fashion line "Material Girl"
Miley Cyrus (17)
-good girl who can't seem to get bad right
-best know for her role on Hannah Montana
-has a mild heart condition called tachycardia
-daughter of country singer/actor Billy Ray Cyrus
-step-sister of Trace Cyrus (Metro Station)
-dated celebrities: Nick Jonas & Justin Gaston
MC's Controversies
-December 2007: Sharing of licorice w/ friend on MySpace
-April 2008: Underwear and swimsuit pic. leaked after hacked
-April 2008: when @ 15, posed for topless photoshoot for Vanity Fair (wrapped in bedsheet)
-2009 TCA: "Party in the USA" pole dance w/ provocative clothing
-Dating Gaston: 5 years her senior
-Photo displaying her and friends making "slanted-eyes" (supposedly making fun of Asians)
-Youtube: Miley & Mandy show parody of Demi and Selina show

TM's Controversies
-provocative attair
-"bad girl" attitude
-smoking
-heavy eyeliner
-language

That's really all I could come up with. I used Wiki., but there wasn't any "controversies" list for TM. Soo I made up my own for hear say and observation.
Also, Miley as apologized for most of these accusations.
I want to point something out here. MC signed with Disney. And anyone who knows Disney, they are very strict with what their signed actors/singers do, go, and say, because of their young viewer audience. It's pretty well known that if you're part of Disney then you have to keep a pretty good rap sheet, even if the contract is up or not. TM was never signed up with Disney giving her the 'freedom' to be a 'teenager'. She isn't as harshly criticized as say Selina Golmez if she like would strip in public (SG has never done that btw! Don't start a rumor! I'm only making a point.) Even if TM's actions and words aren't a very good influence, there really aren't 6 year olds watching her ever step.
Okay to the point. Miley really is taking a plung. I mean, I'm pretty sure her show is done now and basically her contract with Disney is up, but that leaves millions of fans still idolizing her and follow her on Youtube and the Facebook. I just think that she should think about those little fans who have looked up to her since the beginning and are now seeing her in this Gaga/ke$ha get-up and wonder if that's how they should be like when they're a teenager.
Oh, and also, the lyrics suck. So unoriginal. :P

~Ally-Cat

3 comments:

healy said...

I agree. . I am in love with her too

Ally-Cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ally-Cat said...

Your comment is a bit confusing. I never said I'm "in love" with MC. I actually only have one song of hers on my ipod (the climb). I think most of her songs are poorly written to be frank.

Or do you mean TM? Cuz I looove her! :)

Post Count

212