Friday, January 28, 2011

To Who It May Concern

Dear Boy Relationships,

      I can't handle you right at all.    I thought if I was that girl who was really shy, but kind when spoken too I would attract the right kind of people.  All I got was people who would get in my face and not take no for an answer. Then I figured I wasn't in the right environment.  So from a small pond to a somewhat larger one, I took the same approach.  I got the same result.  But this time it came with drama I didn't want nor desire.  So for a while I gave up.  I decided I should develop myself.  Become someone not as socially awkward around the opposite sex.  That ended my first year.
   It worked. I changed.  I became way more confident and started being more "me". I was learning to be better at talking to boys. I had more likable and less creepy guy friends.  And whenever those new relationships got to that fork where you go down the path of liking them more than a friend or staying in the lane you are, you choose.  And yes, there were times where I chose to take the more than friends path.  And that just didn't work out.  Why? I held back.  I kept seeing myself being really boring in a relationship.  I'd keep asking: do you think you can handle the whole package you get from being with another?  I wasn't sure.  So my efforts were half-hearted.  And they still are.
  What's worse when a guy likes me, I freak.  I don't know why.  It's some innate thing going inside me.  It shakes me to the core.  I dodge and hide from the problem.  I don't know if it's fear or what.  But it's a horrible and hurtful habit. 

I can't say I'm sorry because sorry means I won't do it again, and I can't guarantee that it won't.

How do you want me? You keep sending me mixed signals? What am I suppose to do?  Throw in the towel or fight harder?  You make 85% of life complicated.  The least you could do is lighten up.

Er, at least, give me a definite answer...

Very concerned,

~Ally-Cat

No comments:

Post Count

212