Saturday, January 22, 2011

Reply: About Foundation...

Hey there Jessica! I hope you don't mind this, but my reply would have been waaaay to long to answer in a comment box. (Please forgive me!) Here's my reply:

"hey, I have a question. (:



I have pretty good skin, so I don't really use foundation because I don't like the feel of it and I've heard that it sort of clogs up your pores. However, I think makeup (eye shadow, etc.) looks weird if someone isn't wearing foundation.
Is it true that foundation isn't good for your skin? And since I don't like foundation, do you think it's weird if I wear eyeshadow & eyeliner etc. without foundation? (Just trying to get opinions.)
Thanks!" ~Jessica
 
So when you say "pretty good skin" I'm going to assume you have combination skin--meaning dry in the winter and a bit oily in the summer?  Hmm, have you ever heard of tinted moisturizers? They're a moisturizer only they have pigment to it so not only is it hydrating your skin, but it's also giving you coverage.  (I've never tried them myself, so I don't know how well that'd turn out.  You may want to look into that.)
 
Basically, anything you put on your skin-whether it's concealer, foundation, whatever--it's going to either block or clog your pores.  There's really no way of getting around it.  So the answer to the foundation is yes it will clog your pores. (But don't be scared to wear any make-up.  If you wash your face and take care of it the right way, there really isn't anything to be worried about.)
 
Hmm, and the eye makeup.   I know a couple of girls who do the same thing as you.  I too, think it looks a little off. Anyways as for my opinion,  If it were me I would put a little bit of concealer or powder on, just to diminish the color of blemishes and such.  But that's just me.  I'd say do whatever you feel comfortable with.  I definitely wouldn't pack on the makeup if it feels uncomfortable to wear.  Plus, if your saying you have pretty good skin, I'd just keep doing what your doing. 
 
I hope that helped. 
 
Good luck, Jessica! Thanks for stepping up and asking questions.  I enjoyed answering them. Feel free to ask more anytime. :D
 
~Ally-Cat
 
P.S
If you're looking for something with light coverage but is light on your skin try Maybelline's Dream Mousse line.  I did some research and from what I hear it's very airy and does it's job well.  I don't know the retail; it varies in different places. Again, good luck!

2 comments:

themajessty said...

thanks! That helped. A lot. (:

Ally-Cat said...

Yay! I'm glad to hear it. :DDDD

Post Count

212