Monday, March 7, 2011

Review: I Am Number Four Movie


TRIPLE POST DAY!

I've really been behind on my reviews.  I guess that'll be something I'll focus on when I come back from my blogging break.

In case, you didn't know, the movie is based of a book.  I haven't read it yet, but seeing the movie makes me want to.

It's not you typical alien movie, where strange looking creatures arrive to abduct or kill the human race. These aliens look like us and actually came here for survival.  However, there are evil aliens, who destroyed their enemies home planet, and are hunting the good aliens to extinction. 

It's a fascinating premise.  And the main character, John Smith, couldn't get any less hotter.  Like any movie, there were some logical holes in the plot, which bothered me.  But I like everything to fit together and make sense.  It wasn't totally noticeable, so don't let that hinder you from seeing this movie.   I glanced at the book plot and there are some things left out, but what do you expect out with a book-to--movie movie?  They just can't put everything thing in an hour and a half show.

The effects were fantastic! It's amazing what movie people can do with effects nowadays.

Characters were average.  Same old, same old acting.  No one wowed me. Though I'm glad Pettyfer fixed the glitches in his American accent.  Seeing the 2 min. Beastly trailer, you can tell its a struggle for him to hid his English accent. Oh and I do want to point out there are no brunettes (not counting extras) in this movie.  That's a let down. :(

Overall, it was a good movie.  Nothing wowed me too much, excepted the effects.  Good stunt work.  Predictable plot.  But a fun movie anyway. Expect a sequel. 

Do I recommend this movie? Yes

(4/5)

~Ally-Cat

Up Next: Boy I Hear You In My Dreams

No comments:

Post Count

212