Monday, March 7, 2011

Reply: Skin Care And Treatment


TRIPLE POST DAY!

This has been looong overdue, and I'm making time right now to do this and that movie review I promised. 

Also, before we get started, I've been debating this for a while, but I'm going to take an indefinite break.  I promise I've not given up on That's What She Said! I just need some time to gather up some ideas and prioritize on other things right now.  I'm not sad at the least, I'm actually in a good place.

So enough of my blabbering (we'll save that for a later time.) Let's get started!
-----------------

Firstly, if you haven't read this post: The Basics: Prepping The Face + Make Up Primer please do so now.  There's a lot of information about keeping the face clean and oil-free, if that is the kind of answer you're looking for.

If that's not enough, here is the little info I know about "blackheads, acne, and etc."

Blackheads, whiteheads, pimples or whatever you want to call them are basically created the same way: build up of dirt, grim, and oil in the pores. The only difference between all of these facial blemishes is the way in which to you treat them.

Blackheads and whiteheads are more deep set in the skin.  Meaning it's harder to get rid of them.  The only way I know how to get rid of mine are pore strips. The downfall of using these are that the oils you just pulled up leave some oozing which can spread over to other areas of your skin, allowing more blackheads/whiteheads to develop. To avoid this: 1) wash your face as usual 2) use the pore strip as instructed 3) apply an acne gel (no creams!)

Gels tend to dry faster and don't produce much oil on your skin.  Only do this once a week. 

Pimples are more of a surface blemish.  They aren't as deep set nor as hard to get rid as blackhead--though on rare occasions then can be.  With regular pimples let them run their course.  That is the hardest thing to do.  Many people say to pop them, but that actually does more damage than not. If you have a really bad pimple, one that is large, red and hurts a lot, there are 2 options.  Zeno, a device that heats up the blemish to progress its development stage to get rid of it faster, or the home remedy trick.  Here's how it works: 1) wash your face like normal 2) ice the spot for twenty minutes 3) wet a cotton swab with lemon juice and hold it on that spot for 5 additional minutes

You'll definitely see results the following morning. I swear this works. ;)

Hmm, and yeah I think that's it.. I can't think of any more advice to give.  If you have any questions, comment, email, or formspring me. 

Adios, and good luck!

~Ally-Cat

Up Next: I Am Number Four Movie Review

No comments:

Post Count

212