Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Hunger Games Book Review + Blog Updates

**Updates Below Review**
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
"Katniss is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place." ~Good Reads


(5/5)

Best book I've read yet. Hands down.  I think that it might have surpassed Twilight...maybe..I can't decide. Anyways! This book is awesome! Do I recommend this book? Hell yeah! Here's why:
Characters: Katniss is a freaking rock star. I love that girl! She's so spunky and smart! She's not slow and foolish like Clary from The Mortal Instruments Series.  She knows how to fight and uses her wits and talent to try to survive in the Games. The other characters are pretty sweet too. Suzanne did well with character development.
Setting: The Capital is fascinating.  The details were enough to get a picture of what the city looks like, but not too much that you don't have room for your own imagination. 
Creativity and Connection: Wonderful. Such a great change in reading.  I loved how the book kept you on your toes and how it wasn't that boring.  I thought when it got to the part where they're in the Games it'd get super boring, something like "And there I saw a tree and I hid behind it and I waited..."; Stuff like that where the book explains every detail and every single minute of the Games. Boy, would that be boring. But after seeing Katniss personality, I knew this would be an interesting read. Also connections, Suzanne did a good job in expressing the hate and helplessness of the people of Panem. I could feel that feeling of stress of being relayed on to take care of others day by day. I could also relate to Katniss's reluctance and feelings towards love. 

Fantastic book. I can see why so many people rave about it.  The only thing I didn't like was the ending.  I kind of felt like I got cut off, but I can understand she was setting it up for a sequel (Catching Fire - HEY don't read its info description unless you've already read THG.). If you're into action/adventure/romance/sci-fi books, this your book.


Also, book #3 Mockingjay is out in stores now!
____________________________________

Hey everyone, how was your week?

Mine went well.  Had a great time at Lauren's place.  Though, I was attacked with lotion and a sock ball--multiple socks stuffed in one other sock, hurts like heck. But I had fun. Thanks Lauren!

And look at what I found under her bed!


Isn't that freaking AMAZING?! So sweet. I'd totally buy these shoes.  On the other side (which I forgot to take a pic. of; sorry) is the spirit trees.

Lauren's site: LINK

-------
I need to stop eatting bad stuff, like junk food and such.  It's so unhealthy, but I can't help it.  I love food.
I going to start to cut back right away. More exercise.  Yeah, that sounds good. Yay to good health!
-------
So now I'm reading The Scarlet Letter.  I hate the intro.  Bleh.
-------
Coming soon:
-Movies I Want To See List
-Boyfriend List
-Song Interpretations - You guys got any ideas?
-------
I saw that "Mine" music video by TS. So cute. >.<
-------
DVA: Here's the deal.  I need to figure out if I can scan things to my computer.  My printer is super complicated, so that may take awhile. BUT if I do figure it out, I'll make an account. Happy, Hannah? ;)
-------
Hey, do you have a facebook?

I need a favor. Please? There is this guy named Paul who made a video about him and his fiancee and their trying to win a contest to get a wedding, but they need votes! Now your probably thinking "so what?", but here's the thing: they are huge volunteer helpers for people in Africa.  They talk about God and spend time with the kids, among other things. They are really super duper cool people. So if you want to help them out please vote for them on with your facebook account. Ge the word out! Please! This would mean a lot to me!
They help so many people, lets help them!
Here is the link: LINK

Thank you all! xD

~Ally-Cat

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Hey :) Wow, I've heard SO many good reviews about the Hunger Games, I really think I should read it now :)
THATS SOOO COOL OMG I WANT THEM!!!

Boyfriend List?? Haha

Ally-Cat said...

I'm so glad your going to read The Hunger Games.
I kno right? Coolest shoes eva!
Yeah the boyfriend list. It was suppose to be up 2 posts ago but something went wrong and it didn't show up. :P lol

ЯANdOM ЯAWR said...

I was hoping other people would join me on this health kick, woo!
I read a few pages from The Hunger Games and hated it. But your review makes me want to continue reading more of it. I did the same thing with Twilight; I read some pages, hated it, then re-read those pages and read the whole series, and loved it.

Post Count

212