Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tips And Products For The Best Makeup Coverage

Hey you guys. So I figured that I'd post something productive since my last post was sort of a rant/poetic type of thing.  So this is another promised post of makeup.  I've had my fair share of foundation/concealer ordeals.  For a year I went with like 4 layers of concealer and foundation because I wasn't getting enough coverage like I should. And even then it would slide off by the 3rd hour or so.  Now that I'm a bit older, I've done more research and tried different techniques and have come to a sort of satisfaction.  So here I go, going to reveal some of my secrets at having perfect coverage that isn't heavy or extreme. (On, and I'm not paid to mention any of these products.)

Are you ready?

Cleansing: First is first.  Your face. Your natural face. Not the "made up" face.  You need to use the proper soap and such to have a nice canvas to have good makeup.  I use Clinique Acne Solutions.  (Which is good for oily skin) But a cheaper set would probably be ProActive. (Though if your 25 years or older I suggest something different; research shows that ProActive doesn't work as well for anyone older than 25.)  Anything with hydrogen peroxide and/or benzoyl peroxide that treats acne is good because it dries out the pimples. 

Primer and Concealer: I use to use Revlon clear primer, but I really don't need it anymore.  I now use Clinique acne solutions concealer.  And basically, if you hadn't gotten it from the name, it has medication in it so as it conceals it also treats. What you want its a good concealer, one that is covers well.  I sometimes find the stick ones better than the liquid if you're looking at drugstore type brands. I think they are thicker and cover a bit better, but you have to also be very careful because too much of it can make you look cakey and it can melt off quickly. 
Foundation: Again, I use Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Foundation.  It does the same thing the concealer does and it actually mattes my face which is awesome. If your have oily skin this stuff is gooooood.  I use 2 drops almost the size of a dime. It really doesn't take a lot to cover your face really.  So what you want to look for if you have oily skin is something without oil and possible can matte your face. If you have dry skin, just make sure that you have moisturizer on before putting on any make up.
Finishing Powder: I use Almay.  I don't want like my face to sparkle so I try to avoid stuff that makes has "shimmer".  Its called Truly Lasting Color Pressed Powder.  Its suppose to last 16 hours, which well, it doesn't go 16 hours without reapplying but it works for a long time. Maybe 5 hours or more? I also use Clear Complexion Pressed Powder which is a matting powder that suppose to clear and prevent blemishes.  I say it doesn't clear blemishes but doesn't cause any either.  It does an excellent job with matting.  I don't have to reapply for 4-5 hours on a hot day, on cool days not at all! So if you want to best of the best for the money, this is it.

I know that seems like a lot, but when you wear all that it doesn't feel heavy at all.  It stays all day and doesn't rub off (maybe a little, but not a lot). 

If you're wondering what other stuff I put on I usually wear blush, some eyeliner, and mascara.  That pretty much it.  I were eyeshadow on special occasions or out of boredom.

I hope that was helpful! If you have any questions send them on my formspring. (Widget to the left!)

~Ally-Cat

No comments:

Post Count

212