Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy 100th! I Love You All!

100!


Wow! My 100th Post! I can't believe it!

Before I forget.  Happy (late) Father's Day to everyone.  Sorry I forgot.  *pssh* silly me.  Here's a nice father's day song by Will Smith.

So I'm revealing a few secrets here.  I'm guessing a majority of my readers are in fact, women.  So I have so awesome hairstyles that you can do without damaging your hair.  Less products and heat! So here we go.

Note: Please jump to the acknowledgements if you don't want to learn the tutorial.


How To Get Slightly Wavy Hair

So you want hair that's just wavy at the ends? Not super wavy? Then you've come to the right, uh, post.  Here's an easy way to get slightly wavy hair.

What you need:

  • Damp hair (How damp? After taking a shower--depending on how fast your air drys--wait about 10-15 min.)

  • Leave-in conditioner

  • Styling spray or gel (opt.; only needed if hair is hard to style)

  • hair ties (ones w/o a metal piece holding it together)

  • Comb

  • Bobby pins or a hairband (opt.; only if you have bangs)

  • Hairspray (opt.)
How to:

  1. Start by combing through damp hair, detangling it.  Then, I highly suggest putting some leave-in conditioner (a pea-size to dime size depending on how thick and oily your hair is).

    1. The leave-in conditioner will help after you take you hair out of the braid.

    2. If your hair is hard to style (pinstraight), then add a little bit of styling spray or gel

  2. Divide your hair into 3 equal parts and then braid (Don't know how to braid? Click here!)

  3. Tie end of braid with a hair tie. 

    1. Do not use a hair tie with a metal clamp.  If you've used them before you would know that when you pull the hair tie out, the clamp can pull hair out with it.

  4. If you have bangs, strategically clip them back with so that when they dry it's have a little "curve" to it to make your look more sophisticated. ;)

    1. Where a headband if you want more hold or use the head band to hold your bangs back if you don't have any bobby pins

  5. You can wear this look during the day or sleep on it. Then when you think it's dry, take it out. Give it a little shake.  If you want hairspray it and give it a couple of scrunches. Annd done.

    1. If your hair is like mine, it's damp when you pull it out of the braid so here's what you do: take out after a a couple of hours or after you've slept. Then see if it's still damp.  If it is, put some more styling spray in and rebraid.  Let it sit for a couple more hours.
Want More of a Wavy Look?

Instead of one braid, do two. It'll probably look like Ashley Simpson's hair (left). 
Still want more waves?  Split hair in half and french braid (start by parting the hair from where the placement of your eyebrows are and work your way down from there). See my drawn diagram:

You can french braid loosely or tightly (I prefer loose; just sayin').  The end product should look something like Lindsay Shaw's hair (right) in Ten things (only if you tightly french braided your hair).  Experiment! See what suits you best! Have fun with it!

Good luck everyone! Happy braiding.

BTW Did you know 10 Things I Hate About You got canceled because of low ratings. 
I'm saaaad! :(
.......................................................

Acknowledgements

I want to thank first, my followers: BB, Shivi, Selina, Cookie Monster, Pandora.  Thank you for being so loyal.  I couldn't have asked for a better set of followers.  *laughs*

To BB who has been following me from almost the very start.  Thank you.  Haven't heard from you for a long time.  Many blessings to you! Good luck with the University. Go Betty White!

To Miss Shivi who was the first person to ask me a question, in which I screwed up your identity.  Keep postin' sista! Thank you! Woo!

To Selina who has the cutest little blog I've ever seen!  I love the little sayings that your title has.  You rock, gurl!  Thank you so much for giving me awards.  It made me feel so special! *hehe*

To Roxy (aka Cookie Monster), I feel like in real life you have some spunk to you.  Which is awesome! You know, when I first came across you blog it happened by accident.  I was clicking around on Google and somehow I happened to click on your blog.  I read a couple of your posts and really like your blog. Keep it up, dear.  I think your doing great. Good luck and thank youuu!

And to Pandora!  I'm so happy you've joined the blogging world. Being your "mentor" is really fun. Man, getting your layout set up was a pain in the ... butt. *Laughs* Heey, keep posting! Don't stop now! Thanks pal. :)

I want to thank Hannah for being such an inspiration to me.  I admire her dedication to her writing and how good she is at it.  Don't ever give up, Hannah!

Also to my best friend, Lauren, who is always supportive and helpful with her smartness when I'm in a situation.  Your so talented!  You'll always have my support!  I got your back, man, don't worry!

Thank you, readers, for reading my ridiculous posts.  I hope to keep doing what I'm doing for as long as I can.  Helping people is what I love to do.  I never expected to get so many followers at this point in my blogging journey.   Ahh, I feel soo honored.

God bless.

~Ally-Cat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got mentioned!!!!!!! :D Earned the best friend title, and THREE sentences with THREE exclamations!!!!! (Mwahaha, take that hannah!) AWWWWWE, thanks Ali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I feel the need to do some art in your honor, but be patient.....you know how I can get when it comes to actually completing stuff....ehehehe *nervous/beg for mercy smile*
~~~LAUREN!

Ally-Cat said...

Lol. Hey, look you finally commented! > BY THE WAY Lauren,check EMAIL and get back to me ASAP. Tmrw I'm unava. but the next day will be fine. Drop me a text!!!<

Also..You counted?! Woow, I think you had too much sugar today. And the art thing is completely unnecessary. My best friend's got to be honored. :)
AND YES I KNOW HOW YOU'RE LIKE WITH ART! YOU OWE ME THAT PICTURE MISSY!

Remember! TEXT ME AND CHECK YOUR EMAIL! Cya!

Post Count

212