Sunday, January 15, 2012

Do NOT Use This Site! (Not Mine, Someone Else's)

**I kind of wonder if this will get taken down by that site if i post it...**

Well, the website is called Lightinthebox.com and basically it's a scam.

A couple of days ago, I was looking for a long, formal dress to wear to my dance.  Mom found a site called, Light in the Box, and it seemed really awesome. They had thousands of dresses in all kinds of colors and styles; plus everything could be customized.  Also, they were having a discount, so the dresses were pretty cheap.

I was having a ball going through and looking at all the sweet styles and such. I was totally thinking that I was going to buy from this site.

Anyways, I had done all my browsing on Mom's computer, but nothing on mine. So just a couple of minutes ago, I typed in "light in the box" but as I was about to click the site under the URL box, I saw the tag "Light in the Box Scam".

RED FLAG! RED FLAG! RED FLAAAAAG!

There was article after article about how this site:

-does these bad bundled packaging (making it look like you're saving money, but you're not)

-hidden add-on fees

-lying with their ads

-sends fake/broken electronics

-amauter dressing measurements (the right way to get perfect measurements is to take that measurement and go just a smidge higher so that there is give to get the dress to zip up; you don't exactly the size!)

-prolonged refunds (or none at all)

-and etc, etc, etc!

You can't even post a bad review because they'll just take it down!

Please guys, don't buy from this place, and if you do STOP NOW!  They are eating a hole right out of your wallet.

~Ally-Cat

PS
If you want to look at these articles, search them through Google. There are tons!

2 comments:

ЯANdOM ЯAWR said...

Thank you for posting this, since I'm currently shopping for my prom dress.
Do they even send you the dress?

Ally-Cat said...

I think they do, but I've heard that in comes in late. :/

Post Count

212