Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Movie Review

I never got to see the third installment of the POTC, which I heard was beast, so I wondered if that would effect my experience in watching the 4th movie, On Stranger Tides. It didn't, I'm glad to say. It was very well done.  Penelope Cruz did a FANTASTIC job.  I didn't think she could do it, but by golly she did.  And yes, she is the love interest of Jack Sparrow.  (So don't ask me, because I just told you. Don't' worry, it's not like it's some big secret; I didn't spoil anything.)

Let first say that I did not see this movie in 3D.  I wish I had, but at the time it wasn't my choice.

Overall it was a very good movie.  I missed seeing Will and Elizabeth, but the new cast was enough that it wasn't at all disappointing.  I love the mermaid chick; I think her name is Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey. Then there's Black Beard played by Ian McShane.  He plays a great bad guy. Oh and let's not forget the newbie, Sam Claflin, who plays the hunky new "pirate".   
 

Also, something to note: the movie is well over an hour and a half long.  It's just a little over two or more. Yeah, that's right; you heard me right, pal.  So if this is going to be some kind of date movie, let me suggest going to dinner before hand.

Do I think there's going to be sequel? Hell yes. 

Do you think there should be a sequel? Hell no.

Why? The series can only go so long before its plot just becomes to tiresome and boring.  Yes, the writers and directors have done a wonderful job of keeping the characters and plots alive, but how long can that last? One more won't hurt, I guess.  But anymore that that is just ridiculous.

Like some great theological dude said, " All good things must come to an end...."

(4/5)

~Ally-Cat

No comments:

Post Count

212