Monday, May 9, 2011

Catching Fire Book Review


I've read a lot of series in my lifetime. However, I've never had came across a book that surpassed its predecessor.  This book did that and beyond. 

Plot: Ehh, really uninteresting start, in my opinion, since it was the Game tours.  The only thing that was truly interesting about it was when they visited District 11, if you know what I mean.  Oh and biiiiiig twist (though, maybe not so surprising if you infer right)! I'm not going to give it away, but to me, I think from that point on it makes the book. Also, you will be learning how Haymitch won his games and what drove him to drink, if you're the type of reader who needs everything explained. ;)

Characters: We're back with the same characters.  Katniss, Peeta, Haymitch... All of them are basically the same, though Katniss has gotten a depressed after finishing the Hunger Games.  Plus her guilt for Peeta lingers along with the rising feelings for Gale, who will now be taking a larger role in this book.  Through out the book, you will see Katniss grow into a more complicated character.  Also, minor characters, like Prim, are more apart of this book as it progresses.  There will be new characters introduced.  My favorite is Finnick, who is a former winner of the Games.

I just want to say that these books will not be sugar coated.  Be prepared for a full out reality blow as the rebellion begins.

And really, that's about it.  I can't say much since the majority of the book is based off a twist. But if you have any questions, post them here or on my formspring and I'll get back to you ASAP. Promise. :D

~Ally-Cat

UP NEXT: Amazing, Hilarious Youtube Videos 5?

PS
Sorry you guys, that this is soo late.  I'm trying to get caught up here.  I've missed you all.  Welcome back, Ever!

No comments:

Post Count

212