Saturday, April 3, 2010

Review: Moulin Rouge! (Movie)

I don't own this picture.


Best movie I've seen in a long time.  Wow.  Such an amazing set and beautiful actors.  The music was well put together with it's modern picked songs but also with a theatrical twist. I recommend that everyone see this movie (of course, if your the right age--I think you have to be 13 and over). 

Basically, the movie's about a poor English writer, Christian (Ewan McGregor), who comes to Paris and incidently runs into a musical troupe attempting to present a new play for Harold Zidler, the owner of the cabaret, the Moulin Rouge. Christian's  improvised writing helps them finish the show, called "Spectacular Spectacular", and so the troupe takes Christian to the cabaret to present the play to its star courtesan, Satine (Nicole Kidman), in private to win her favor. I guess they didn't expect the two to fall in love. :)

Kidman and McGregor did awesome with the music.  They sang themselves.  How cool is that?!
I think I have a higher respect for both of them because of the great chemistry they created between their characters.  So well acted and intense.  I just ate it up.  Someday I want to see Nine.

What held my attention throughout the movie was the music.  It's hard to describe, but all I know is that it was incredible. 

I don't know what else to say for this movie other than it was odd at first, but if you wait a bit longer, it gets way better.  BTW its over 2 hours long.  Probably because of all the music.  This movie reminds me a lot of Across The Universe.

(5/5) First time I've ever given anything a spot on score. 

Please check out this movie!

~Ally-Cat

No comments:

Post Count

212